Monday, May 28, 2012

Everything's more fun if it involves new shoes

I think it's fairly common knowledge that you should replace your tennis shoes regularly. Serious runners even do it as often as every 6 months. But that's the point. They should be replaced regularly ... if you're actually using them.

I think my schedule is about every 5 years or so. Basically, I rarely wear tennies, and certainly not often enough to wear them out. I think my current pair is about 5 years old, give or take a year :)

...but I realized this week that I've been walking about 3 miles a day for a month, and my tennies are finally starting to get tired of me! Poor things. So I'm off to protect my (oddly high) arches with new shoes. And these get to become painting/gardening shoes. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while.  A long while.  To catch you up, I broke my leg on the descent from a 14er in June.  It was a hard summer, but I&...