Thursday, August 9, 2012

Things I learned while walking

What I've learned while walking:
  • Take water.  Always take water.
  • Most everyone will greet you while you're walking.  If someone doesn't, it will be a male, age 30-50, on a mountain bike.  And when I say "greet you," I mean wave, nod, smile, say "good morning," or comment on the weather.  Some people are even so happy to see you they will greet you from across the street!
  • People walking dogs think everyone likes dogs.
  • People walking dogs think you'll look at their dog before (or instead of) looking at them.
  • If you look at the ground, you'll see all kinds of interesting bugs and wildflowers.
  • If you look at the ground too long, you will start to hunch like a hobbit.
  • Which will convince you that you should do yoga.
  • Everything looks different on foot.
  • Diesel trucks are as stinky (or worse) as you always thought they were.
  • My nose runs while walking.  I have no idea why, but I take Kleenex now.
  • It doesn't matter how many times it happens; hearing a biker yell, "on your left!" is always startling.
  • If you look around, you'll see interesting things, like skis as fence reinforcement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while.  A long while.  To catch you up, I broke my leg on the descent from a 14er in June.  It was a hard summer, but I&...