Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Here's some math for you: 250 - 50 = 200

So I woke up this morning and ...




I WAS DOWN FIFTY POUNDS!!  I wish I could remember when I last weighed 200, but I can't.  I don't know if that's good or bad, but I do know this:  it's time for another series of pics.  I'm so glad my sis said to take a picture every 10 pounds (you should too, if you're losing as well!)!  I wouldn't have thought of that and ... I'd have been disappointed if I'd gotten to today without these.  (I'd already decided not to measure body parts, and now I kinda wish I had.  Oh well.)

So without further ado (and not "adieu", as some are wont to post on the intertubes), here are my "decade" pics:

-50!!!!
-40





-20
-30

-10
Approx 250 lbs





















There aren't really words for how I felt when I saw that 200!  It's surprisingly motivational.  It was super windy this morning, so I didn't think I could walk outside.  Guess what?  I was even willing -- almost looking forward to -- walking on the treadmill at the gym!  My sister's thoughts on that:  "OK that's a little whacked ...."

Anyway, there are some people who think walking isn't good exercise.  Heck, there are people who think walking isn't even exercise!  Let me be the first to tell you:  IT IS!  And it is making me feel great!  I feel healthier and more calm than I have in years.  Honestly.  Do not take it lightly.  If you've been looking for something to do or try, I sincerely recommend walking.  Really!

And now I'll leave you to contemplate my excessive exclamation point usage.

12 comments:

  1. Way to go!! Congratulations on your 50 pound loss! I'm so happy for you.

    I'm going to start walking as soon as Reggie is finished work (probably end November or mid December). There's a new place opened not far from our house (10 minute drive) that has a beautiful cushioned walking track and we plan on going probably 5 days a week. And Reggie is one of those people who don't think walking is really exercise. I'm hoping the pounds drop off him right away so he'll be encouraged to keep it up.

    By the way, I was thinking as I read your entry that you could use "adieu" to say good-bye to those pounds! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drat! I hate making a grammatical error! Especially on YOUR blog! That should have read "Reggie is one of those people who DOESN'T think walking is really exercise". That's what I get for not proofreading!

      Delete
    2. Oh, that cushioned walking track sounds LOVELY! And walking with your boyfriend does too :) Love that he's willing to give it a try ... and I think you'll get your wish. Pounds always fall off men faster than women. Stoopid male metabolism! But in this case, it will be a good thing as I'm sure it WILL encourage him. Just don't let *that* discourage YOU!

      You made me giggle at your don't/doesn't. I see errors all the time, IMMEDIATELY after I've hit "post". Glad it's not just me :)

      Delete
  2. Good for you! Your eyes seem to be getting bigger. I guess that's because your cheeks are not as full. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh -- interesting! Yes -- less cheek fat smashing into them :) LOL

      Delete
  3. Yay, you! Congratulations on this milestone... I am impressed. You are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend! I still tell people your cat litter (cat food?) story! You are SO inspiring!

      Delete
  4. Congrats!And you did it more than a week before Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I know -- what a shock :) Now my brothers are placing bets on where I'll be for the Super Bowl. Silly boys.

      Can't WAIT to get our half marathon on next weekend!

      Delete
    2. You should get a cut of the winnings from your bros.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations!!! (I'm continuing the excessive use of exclamation points in your honor!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes me happy ... retroactively :)

      Delete

It's been a while.  A long while.  To catch you up, I broke my leg on the descent from a 14er in June.  It was a hard summer, but I&...