Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 2: Reflection

Slept in again. Can't complain about that! Thought I'd catch up on my Bible Study because I'm a little behind. Opened the workbook to a page where I'd written "Why so much about work, God?" And thought it poetic. Or ironic. Or something. Seriously, even before this week, God had been talking to me through the study about work stuff. Interesting.

It occurred to me I should post the note I sent to my family, for posterity's sake:
Hi family -- there's no elegant way to say this, so I'll just spit it out: My position was eliminated (that's what they said -- really I was laid off) today -- a few short months from 20 years at the firm.

I've been pretty sure that I should be looking for something new for the last couple of months, but I honestly thought/hoped it might be something internal. A lot of my friends and colleagues were laid off this week, so I guess I can be thankful that I'll be looking for a job in Colorado while there are more and more unemployed on the East coast.

I'm a little shell-shocked right now, and frankly surprised because I thought I was safe after making it through last April (when 1500 people in my division were laid off). I guess that was naive of me, because we knew more layoffs were coming this week.

When you think of us, please pray that we'll make wise decisions in the upcoming days, weeks and months. You could also pray that I figure out how to create a resume again, considering that the last time I had to create one, I saved it on a 5 1/4" floppy disk ... that was actually floppy.

My Bible study is currently working through Esther, and I am seeing now how appropriately timed for me this is. I know that God knows what is going on with us and He has PLANS, and I have to say I'm sort of excited to see what's next. Especially if it doesn't involve getting up at 5:45 any more :)

Love you all,

Ant

"God never takes His eyes off of us or off the clock ticking over us." -Beth Moore

Today I am thankful for:
The fact that my husband showed me how to take my iPhone/iPod off "song repeat" mode.

Current weight:
240 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while.  A long while.  To catch you up, I broke my leg on the descent from a 14er in June.  It was a hard summer, but I&...