Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 5: Monday, Monday

So why a fat blog?  For me, it's not so much a fat blog and more I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT.  And I like blogging.

A brief history of me:  for the last 15 or so years, I've been a telecommuter working for a firm headquartered on the East coast.  For the last 6 years, I've been telecommuting from Colorado (2 hours behind for your score card).  So I've been getting up at 5:45 to start work before 6, and theoretically my day ended at 3:00 local time.  Only it almost never did.  I was never going to work out before 5:45 (yeah, right), and somehow, my work schedule just never allowed me to go regularly during the day.  And since I wasn't ending my day at 3:00, I couldn't go after work.  And once we'd had dinner and it started getting dark, I had no interest in going.

All that to say, I haven't worked out regularly in ages, and I've continually gained weight (since we got married) and I figured, "hey, if work isn't interfering, I can start working out again!"

And so I am.  And I thought I'd chronicle it.  It just seemed so ... sort of sadly funny to me that not only did I get laid off, but I was also overweight (sort of like when I got rear-ended on the way to a root canal) that I thought I'd try writing about it.

Today I am thankful for:
Colorado sunshine.  Really.

Current weight:
237.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while.  A long while.  To catch you up, I broke my leg on the descent from a 14er in June.  It was a hard summer, but I&...