Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 9: a "holiday"

One thing about my former industry is that Good Friday was the one holiday we got off that everyone else had to work. I always appreciated the fact that we had it off because of what the day means to me. But like many other things, I forgot this was a day off, and emailed the HR lady last night, thinking I'd have a fax when I woke up this morning. Surprise! I won't have that information until Monday at the earliest.


*sigh*

I'm making a serious attempt at reading through my severance paperwork today, which led me to this tweet: Reading through severance paperwork must be a tiny bit similar to reading divorce paperwork. #depressing

Ah well. The sun is shining and I'm trying to make the best of it. Yesterday was hard, and I'll just leave it at that.

Today I am thankful for:
the final paycheck that came with my severance paperwork (not the severance check; but the paycheck for the second half of March)

Current weight:
239.5 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while.  A long while.  To catch you up, I broke my leg on the descent from a 14er in June.  It was a hard summer, but I&...