Saturday, August 4, 2012

They put markers on plateaus, right?

Once again, I'm close to a milestone. *heavy sigh*  I've been hovering around -- but not touching -- the 30-pound mark for a good week or so.  It's so close, I can taste it! (see what I did there?)  I've been at 222.  Then I bounced down to 221.  I've seen 221.5 a LOT, but still no 220 yet.  Funny thing is that I'm not concerned in the least.  I'm not worried, I'm not stressing, I'm not starving myself ... in fact, on Thursday I bought a can of Pringles (on sale!) and ate half of it (don't try this at home, kids!).  Let's be honest; that's most likely because Shark Week is right around the corner.  Either way, this is a new feeling for me - this "whatevs" as I look at another plateau.

I've heard lots of theories about what happens during weight loss -- like the body is holding on to that fat and thinks it needs it.  That it doesn't want to let it go.  It's had it for so long, it can't release it.  It just can't bear to see it leave!  Whatever it is, my body seems to get that feeling every 10 pounds.  Wait!  We can't let her lose another 10!  We neeeeed that!  And so, the 8 or so pounds in between seem to come off as they should.  But that last 2?  Wow, they're hard!  Maybe that's a good thing, though.  It makes those milestones that much more meaningful :)

Anyway, I never I mean never thought I'd be so casual about weight loss as I am feeling today (perhaps I'll change tomorrow), but for now, I'm holding at -28.5, and I'm feeling just fine about that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while.  A long while.  To catch you up, I broke my leg on the descent from a 14er in June.  It was a hard summer, but I&...