Monday, September 24, 2012

A post that took 2 weeks: Maintain discipline, soldier!

These events take place from September 8 - September 22.
(a nod to the show "24")

My husband is out of town, and this is probably my biggest challenge yet, foodly speaking.  You see, when he is home, I cook meals and eat normal food at normal times like a normal person.  When he is out of town, I buy Cool Ranch Doritos, Sour Cream & Cheddar Ruffles, huge containers of Red Vines, and generally eat what I want when I want.  Now that I think about it, given the amount of travel he did in the last 5-ish years, I should probably weigh about 500 lbs!

There's some exaggeration in that, but there's also a lot of truth in it.  So now I have two weeks in which to "maintain discipline, soldier".  And the thing is that since this is a public blog, I'm not going to post this entry until he's back home, safe and sound.  I'm not a fan of advertising to the intertubes that I'm home alone.

So.  He's been gone for 4 1/2 days, and I am still -- for the most part -- under control.  More importantly in the self-discipline department:  I've worked out every day he's been gone.  I think that, more than anything, should keep me on track.

So now I'll add a couple pics I've taken recently, and save this post in my drafts :)
Sept 12, got one :)

Sept 11, need a haircut
Oh, and I guess I'm doing mostly ok, food-wise.  I'm  down 36 pounds today (September 12)!

Something else, in case you missed it.  This happened while he was gone:
September 18, down 40#


I made it to his return without gaining!  Yay!  And now I'm plateau'd at -40.  But I'm ok with that :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while.  A long while.  To catch you up, I broke my leg on the descent from a 14er in June.  It was a hard summer, but I&...