Monday, October 29, 2012

It's the little things ...

My RoadID came!  I think I've mentioned before that when I walk by myself, the hubs has asked me to carry ID.  For some reason, this is a big annoyance/inconvenience to me :)  Oh sure, I want to be identifiable if I pass out on the side of the road, but taking my license in and out of my wallet, putting it in the back of my phone case every time I walk, and then remembering to put it BACK in my wallet after I'm done is REALLY annoying.  If I walk with a friend, I just walk out the door, but by myself?  Ugh, the annoyance.  I can't explain why this is such a problem for me, but I live in fear of not remembering to put my license back in my wallet!

Maybe this isn't one of your "things", or maybe you haven't carried ID for outside walks/runs/etc., before, but now that I've mentioned it, you realize you should, too.  Well.  Look no further, friends!  I have been saying to my husband for several months that I'm sure there's somewhere on the Internet where I can order a set of dog tags, or something like them, and stop with the license messing around-ness.  And I was right!  Remember that 5K I did?  On the back of our race bibs was an ad for ... you guessed it:  Road ID!  Yay!

And ... because I ordered one, I can pass on a small discount to my friends :)  And ... because the suggested letter they sent me tickled me, I paste it below with a grin:


Dear friends,
I just ordered one of the best products ever. It's called a Road ID - perhaps you've heard of it. If you haven't, go to their website and check it out. Road ID is a great product that could save your life someday.

When I ordered, they gave me a coupon that I could pass along to my friends. Here's the coupon number:

Coupon Number: ThanksMargaret18361476

The coupon is good for $1 off any Road ID order placed by 11/17/2012. To order, simply go to RoadID.com or click the link below:

http://www.RoadID.com/?CID=ThanksMargaret18361476

If you prefer, you can call them at 800-345-6336.

You can thank me later,

Margaret Vincent

Oh by the way, their website is awesome, the customer service is outstanding, and the owners are very smart and good looking.

I also posted this code on a FB group of people trying to be healthy, and I have no idea if anyone used it or not, but the email said it could be used 20 times by November 17.  So ... if you want to ID yourself when outside ... via dog tags, a bracelet, a shoe tag or whatever, check it out!

Also and because I loved it, I'm sharing this too:  my friend Mol pinned this list of 50 running tips.  It's a great, informative, helpful list.  Including #41:  There's no shame in walking.

...which also made me grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while.  A long while.  To catch you up, I broke my leg on the descent from a 14er in June.  It was a hard summer, but I&...