They blew me away.
Let me put it this way:
- My grandmother passed away on April 18, 2012. I was in Alabama during that time with my siblings and other relatives. That was the trip when I found out about the Epic Loseit Battle my brothers were engaged in.
- My neighbor and I started walking together on April 24, 2012 but the very next day I left for a trip to New York with some friends, and history would make you (and me) assume that the Girl Who Cried Skinny would let "walking with the neighbor" fall by the wayside ... again.
- On May 2, 2012, I wrote on my calendar "Loseit for serious."
- My neighbor and I walked pretty much every weekday morning from then on.
- On June 5, 2012, I started using MapMyWalk, and those numbers? Well....
They are part of my "lifetime stats" on MapMyWalk, and they represent
1,043.42 miles (YES OF WALKING!)
596 hours (YES OF EXERCISE)
240,685 calories (YES BURNED)
And the only reason I even looked at this today was because I got that email from MMW this morning, saying I'd worked out 450 times. What the?! Surely this is not the work of the Girl Who Cried Skinny?!
And just for fun, there's this pic. I walked a hole in my shoes :)